Newberry Modern Manuscripts Abstract Search
- Visit the Newberry website
back to search results | new search
Allen, Gideon W., 1835-1912. Allen Family Papers, 1862-1964.
Courtship letters of lawyer and Wisconsin statesman Gideon W. Allen and his future wife Annie Cox during the years of 1863-1865 in which they discuss current their political and religious beliefs. Also an unfinished biography of renowned botanist Ruth F. Allen, and other family correspondence, photographs, and personal materials of the Allen family.
- 2 linear feet (2 boxes, 1 oversize folder)
- Subjects: Women Civil War Family Papers
- Call Number: Midwest MS Allen (formerly Cox-Allen)
- Location: 3a 57 9
- Finding Aids:
- Information file available in Special Collections Department.
- Catalog Record