Meine, Franklin J.
- Existence: 1896 - 1968
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Chicago writer, editor, and book collector whose collections were donated to the University of Illinois campuses in Urbana and Chicago. Meine's papers relate to his preparation for a 50th anniversary talk to the Society of Midland Authors, and include materials by and about Edith Wyatt, John Stahl, and Mary Dickerson Donahey. Also a few 18th and 19th century letters collected by Meine.
Correspondence, works, newspaper and magazine clippings, photographs, miscellaneous pictorial items and memorabilia documenting the literary and personal life of George Ade, Midwestern journalist, humorist and playwright, best known for his Chicago Record column, "Stories of the Streets and of the Town," and for his innumerable fables in slang.
- American literature -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- American literature -- Indiana 1
- Brook (Ind.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Chicago (Ill.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Newspapers 1
- Conservatism -- United States 1
- Correspondence -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Correspondence -- Indiana 1
- Dramatists -- United States 1
- Greek letter societies -- Indiana -- Lafayette 1
- Humorists, American 1
- Journalists -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Liberty ships 1
- Manuscripts, American -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Manuscripts, American -- Indiana 1
- New Deal, 1933-1939 1
- Photographs 1 + ∧ less