Art Institute of Chicago: History and general information, 1969-1980 and undated
Scope and Contents note
Material regarding Woods’s personal art collection of paintings and sculpture, and his association with the Art Institute of Chicago and the Nebraska Art Association. Contains insurance and sales figures, descriptions and photographs of individual purchases, both for Woods’s home and for the Art Institute where Woods served both a board member and as president, plus retained files of miscellaneous correspondence, clippings, printed membership letters, and various reports of museum activities. Also, two large bound albums, one regarding the Henry Moore sculpture “Nuclear Energy”, installed at the University of Chicago in 1967, and the other commemorating the opening of the Cochrane-Woods Art Center and the David and Alfred Smart Gallery at the University of Chicago in 1971.
- Creation: 1969-1980 and undated
- From the Collection: Woods, Frank H. (Frank Henry), 1905-1980 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The Frank H. Woods, Jr. Papers are open for research in the Special Collections Reading Room; 1 box at a time (Priority III).