Chicago Lakefront and River Photographs
58 prints of Chicago lakefront and river scenes, found in a manila envelope marked: “Prints from glass negatives produced by the Corps of Engineers ca. 1890; originals now with the Chicago Maritime Society.”
- approximately 1890
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers (Organization)
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The Chicago Lakefront and River Photographs are open for research in the Special Collections Reading Room.
Ownership and Literary Rights
The Chicago Lakefront and River Photographs are the physical property of the Newberry Library. Copyright may belong to the authors or their legal heirs or assigns. For permission to publish or reproduce any materials from this collection, contact the Roger and Julie Baskes Department of Special Collections.
0.2 Linear Feet (5 folders)
Photographs arranged by topic.
Collection Stack Location
1 1 2
Donor unknown; received August 1987.
Diana C. Haskell, 2000; Virginia Hay Smith, 2008.
- Chicago Maritime Society
- Chicago River (Ill.) -- Photographs
- Grant Park (Chicago, Ill.) -- Photographs
- Illinois and Michigan Canal (Ill.) -- Photographs
- Manuscripts, American -- Illinois -- Chicago
- Michigan, Lake -- Photographs
- Photographs -- Illinois -- 1851-1900
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
- Inventory of the Chicago Lakefront and River Photographs, approximately 1890
- Virginia Hay Smith
- Language of description
- Script of description