Detroit Publishing Co. postcard collection
Postcards in this collection include the prefix "DPC" before the item number.
- Creation: approximately 1890s-1930s
- Detroit Publishing Co. (Organization)
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This material is unprocessed and is available by appointment only. Please contact email@example.com at least 5 business days in advance to request an appointment.
14.5 Linear Feet (16,000 postcards in 29 boxes)
The Detroit Publishing Company was a prolific publisher of postcards and photographic prints from the late 1890s to the early 1920s. A gift from John I. Monroe, this collection of approximately 16,000 postcards is a rich resource for views of North American cities and towns, landscapes, and national parks. The collection also includes views of many foreign countries.
2 39 2
Donated by the Lake County Forest Preserve District as part of the Curt Teich Postcard Archives Collection at the Newberry Library.
- Lake County Forest Preserve District (Ill.) (Donor, Organization)
- Curt Teich Postcard Archives Collection (Newberry Library) (Organization)
- Detroit Publishing Co. postcard collection, approximately 1890s-1930s
- Language of description
- Script of description