Cliff Dwellers records
Scrapbooks, photographs, member’s papers and registers, document this Chicago social club’s history. Formally the Attic Club, Hamlin Garland founded the club as a forum and sanctuary for emerging artists, musicians, poets, architects and art enthusiasts. Formerly housed in the penthouse of Orchestra Hall, prominent members included Lorado Taft, John McCutcheon, Horace Oakley, Louis Sullivan, Vachel Lindsay and Charles Hutchinson.
- Creation: 1890-ongoing
- Cliff Dwellers (Club) (Organization)
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This material is unprocessed and is available by appointment only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 business days in advance to request an appointment.
Audiovisual recordings in this collection have been digitized and are available online. Access to the original audiovisual items is restricted.
28 Linear Feet (11 record cartons, 23 boxes, and some loose items)
2 items (1 floppy disc, 1 CD)
1 12 5-6, 1 16 3-4
- Cliff Dwellers (Club) (Donor, Organization)
- Hasbrouck, Wilbert R. (Donor, Person)
- Johnson, Walker C. (Donor, Person)
- Cliff Dwellers records, 1890-ongoing
- In Progress
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2023-01-17: Audiovisual materials have been permanently removed from the collection for preservation. Access to the original audiovisual items is restricted.