Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Includes postcards, postcard albums, and other ephemera relating to World's Fairs and Expositions beginning with the 1878 Exposition Universelle Paris and continuing to 1984 Louisiana World Exposition in New Orleans. There are significant collections of postcards from the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition, the 1900 Exposition Universelle in Paris, the 1910 Exposition de Bruxelles, the 1933 Century of Progress Exposition, and the 1939 New York World's Fair. Also included are trade cards from...
Identifier: Modern-MS-Monroe Exposition
Abstract This collection includes over 9,800 postcards and related ephemera documenting International Expositions and World's Fairs beginning in the late 19th and continuing throughout the 20th century. Both American and European expositions are well represented in addition to smaller trade shows and local fairs.
- Manuscripts, American -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Trade cards (advertising) 1
- Calavano, Alan 1
- Exposition universelle et internationale (1905 : Liege, Belgium) 1
- Louisiana Purchase Exposition (1904 : Saint Louis, Mo.) 1
- Monroe, John I. 1
- New York World’s Fair (1939-1940 : New York, N.Y.) 1