Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract 35 letters from Edgar Lee Masters to Agnes Lee (Mrs. Otto Freer), one typed poem and one galley sheet.
Abstract Correspondence to Illinois poet and writer Dorothy Dow from poet Edgar Lee Masters, muralist John Warner Norton and other writers and friends, and a large collection of Dow’s works, which includes her vast output of poems, both published and mostly unpublished, some plays, short stories, a novel and several literary studies. Also, an informal autobiography and parts of an early episodic diary, a few photographs, scrapbooks and notebooks containing clippings, drafts and notes relating to her...
Abstract Five letters, written between 1920 and 1922, from Edgar Lee Masters to Mr. and Mrs. John Hooper Smith. Also included is an undated newspaper clipping entitled "’Spoon River’ comes to life dramatically," which describes a staging of "Spoon River anthology," Edgar Lee Masters’s collection of autobiographical epitaphs of residents from the fictional town of Spoon River, Illinois.
- American literature -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Authors, American 1
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Intellectual life -- 20th century 1
- Correspondence -- 1951-2000 1
- Dramatists, American 1
- Manuscripts, American -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Novelists, American 1
- Poets, American 1
- Poets, American -- History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Women novelists, American -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Women poets, American -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Women poets, American -- Illinois -- Chicago -- History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Women writers -- Illinois -- Chicago 1 ∧ less
- Monroe, Harriet 2
- Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron 1
- Darrow, Clarence 1
- Dow, Dorothy 1
- Lee, Agnes 1