Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: Ayer-Modern-MS-Photo Project
Abstract Photographs taken by Dan Battise, Ben Bearskin, Orlando Cabanban, Joe Kazumura, F. Peter Weil, and Leroy Wesaw for the Chicago American Indian Photography Project. Images document the social life and customs of the American Indian community in Chicago during the late 1950s to the mid-1980s. Includes many photographs from activities of the American Indian Center. Many of these photographs were displayed in the Hermon Dunlap Smith Gallery at the Newberry Library as part of an exhibition entitled...
Dates: approximately 1950s-1987
Abstract Negatives (35 mm and 120 film format), contact sheets, prints, and transparencies created by Chicago photographer Orlando Cabanban primarily of events related to the American Indian Center of Chicago during the late 1960s. Social activities documented include powwows, day camps, the AIC canoe club and basketball team, and the American Indian Festival held at the Field Museum. Also includes images of AIC meetings, demonstrations, individual and family portraits, miscellaneous photographs and...
Dates: approximately 1920s-1991; Majority of material found within 1968 - 1986
Identifier: Ayer-Modern-MS-Seeing Indian
Abstract Photographs from the Seeing Indian in Chicago American Indian photography exhibit, July 22-September 21, 1985, Hermon Dunlap Smith Gallery, The Newberry Library. Also exhibition labels.
- Exhibitions -- Illinois -- Chicago 2
- Manuscripts, American -- Illinois -- Chicago 2
- Photographs -- 1951-2000 2
- Contact sheets -- 1951-2000 1
- Group portraits -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 1951-2000 1
- Indians of North America -- Culture 1
- Negatives (photographs) -- 1951-2000 1
- Photographs -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 1951-2000 1
- Photography -- Exhibitions 1
- Portrait photographs -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 1951-2000 1
- Powwows 1 ∧ less
- Battise family 2
- Battise, Dan 2
- Bearskin family 2
- Bearskin, Ben 2
- D'Arcy McNickle Center for the History of the American Indian 2