Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: Modern-MS-Monroe Exposition
Abstract This collection includes over 9,800 postcards and related ephemera documenting International Expositions and World's Fairs beginning in the late 19th and continuing throughout the 20th century. Both American and European expositions are well represented in addition to smaller trade shows and local fairs.
Identifier: Modern-MS-Monroe Sports
Abstract Postcard collection assembled by John I. Monroe of sports-related cards. Includes postcards on auto racing, baseball, billiards, boxing, cycling, gymnastics, fishing, football, hiking, horse racing, roller skating, soccer, swimming, track and field, winter sports, and others.
Dates: approximately 1902-approximately 1931
- Exhibitions 1
- Postcards 1
- Century of Progress International Exposition (1933-1934 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Exposition universelle (1900 : Paris, France) 1
- Exposition universelle et internationale (1905 : Liege, Belgium) 1
- Exposition universelle et internationale (1910 : Brussels, Belgium) 1
- Louisiana Purchase Exposition (1904 : Saint Louis, Mo.) 1