Modern Manuscripts Search Results: beginning with "V"Click on the name of the collection to see call number and finding aid information
- Photographs of opera singers and conductors, collected by May Valentine, chorus director and music librarian for the Chicago Lyric Opera for 44 years. Mostly undated professional stills of individuals, plus a few stage scenes and miscellaneous group shots.
- American loyalist.,Colonial Kinderhook and Albany, N.Y., resident. Mainly correspondence, with a few receipts, appointments, petitions, and other documents, dating primarily from 1756-1809, regarding Henry Van Schaack's Indian trade operations, Seven Years' War service, colonial political activities and opinions, Revolutionary War banishment, concern with post-war loyalist emigration, connection with Shay's Rebellion, advocacy of the U.S. Constitution, anti-church tax campaign, and party politics.,Correspondents include lifelong friends, close relatives, prominent N.Y. and Mass. political, military, and church officials, rebels and loyalists, Federalist journalists, etc. Also several colonial documents of Hitchen Holland and two Indian deeds of Cornelius Van Schaack.
- Twenty-six deeds and documents pertaining to the Varney family's land holdings in Penobscot County, Maine.
- Collection of more than 4700 bookplates and related ephemera assembled by Lithuanian–American publisher and scholar, Gintautas Vezys. Bookplates were individually designed and hand-printed, and were executed by primarily Lithuanian artists.
- Consists mainly of correspondence, exhibition materials, ex libris examples, and periodicals relating to bookplates.
- Writings and research material on American Indian place names and other subjects relating to Native Americans of the Chicago author and professor Virgil J. Vogel. Also includes newspaper and magazine articles, correspondence, and a few photographs.